Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friday may have been the most relaxing day by far. It really was like a vacation day. Drove to the northern most tip of South Caicos and relaxed with some friends on the sandy white beach and crystal clear waters. Of course to get there we had to trek through a forest of mangroves and an army of Upside-down Jellyfish. Also found a very nice conch shell that I'll be bringing back. They're fairly cumbersome so I'm probably only going to bring back the one. Saturday was one of the coolest days here. Went diving and swam with a Reef Shark and a Green Sea Turtle. Saw another Crinoid as well. And since it was Saturday, that meant Community Outreach. So Ben, Michaela, and I went down to the southern tip of Long Cay to go Lionfish hunting. They're an invasive here and eat the larvae of all fish. We didn't actually find or capture any but that was okay since I was able to swim directly above an Eagle Ray. This was my first time seeing one and it was beautiful. It was about 10 ft long and had spectacular coloration and markings on it. Got back to the center and went on another dive. Now, one of my first dives in TCI ever, at one of our safety stops I was playing tic-tac-toe with a friend. Inadvertently one of us dropped my pencil and it was to be forever lost in the Caribbean. As we are descending this latest dive I spot something out of place laying in the sediment. IT WAS MY PENCIL. I FOUND MY PENCIL THAT WAS LOST TWO WEEKS+ AGO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. I was estatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment