Thursday, June 18, 2009

Haven't written anything in a few days. Probably because of a test and paper due next week. But I did get an A on my Coral ID Exam, yayy!! I've started doing my Advanced Open Water course here. On Tuesday I completed Underwater Navigation and Naturalist. This Saturday I should be doing Wreck Dive and Deep Dive. Our fifth and final one will be next Tuesday, I think, and it will be the Night Dive. During the Naturalist dive one of the students turned his tank too tightly and ended up having to use the buddy breathing system. Everyone was fine in the end, but the buddy was more shook up about the event than the guy who needed oxygen. Our Reef Fish ID Sessions are a little bit tougher in the field than our Coral Reef ID Sessions since the fish can swim away. The solution to that is when we bring what looks like car antennas and point from a distance at fish. Occasionally the fish will come closer and try and nibble on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment